Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bush Spew

Another day done and dusted. My god I'm exhausted.

I really can't believe how tired I am. I went for a long walk today into town and picked out an aqua blue coloured yarn to start knitting a baby blanket. On the walk home I took a detour through the Trevallyn Steps. The steps wind up to the top of the Cateract Gorge and when I normally take this route I jog up the stairs. Today I had to stop 4 times to catch my breath and allow my heart to slow down. My legs felt like lead!

Cramps have subsided today but I spent about 5 minutes on the side of the road dry-reaching into a bush while I was on my walk. My stomach feels like it has shrunk so I can only eat a small amount at a time other wise I just vomit it back into my mouth. I did a bit of light jogging on my walk but then I got indigestion. Bloody hell!

I'm surprised at how encompassing this whole pregnancy thing is. It's effecting every aspect of me and on top of that I just can't stop thinking about it. Argh! It's the first and last thing on my mind at every single moment of the day. Is that normal?

I haven't told Mum yet. I sent her a message asking her to call me but not a peep yet. I wonder how she'll react?

It seems to be sinking in for Rory and I've been catching him grinning at me excitedly. He got reaaallly drunk last night and kinda had a freak out, and woke me up talking about wanting to sleep with other girls and feeling trapped, but meh - I think that's a fairly normal feeling.

I keep getting whiffs of the strangest scents that are just so intensely strong. Half of the smells I can't even describe - they're so bizarre. One was a mix of burning plastic/gas, then at the BBQ yesterday all I could smell was sewage, my BO makes my stomach turn and smells SO incredibly strong (when Rory couldn't smell it at all), the vegatable stirfry I cooked tonight smelt like aniseed (WTF?!). It's kind of fun just because it's so unique and a different experience.

I saw a baby in town today and I cried. I saw a pair of cute baby booties and cried. I picked out the yarn for the blanket and cried at the thought of my baby snuggling up with it. This. Is. Intense.

Yay! Mum just phoned. She's over the moon and so is my Step-Dad. Mum and I both started crying on the phone, lol. She told me when she was pregnant with Amir she had the world's most intense craving for marinated capsicum so she sat and ate a whole can until she made herself sick. Then she couldn't bare the smell, look or taste of it for a long time.

Mum kept stressing over and over how careful I need to be, and I quote: "No jumping up and down, and it's time to stop having wild nights... and those kind of 'wild nights'" Haha, thanks Mum. I love you. "You're going to have trouble keeping me away," she said before we hung up. I'm so glad. It sounds like they're having fun in France. She'll be home around the 10th of August.

Okay, I am busting for a wee and I'm going to do some yoga.

Okay, I'm going to do

No comments: